Contemporary Art Circle
About the Circle
As part of the Circle, your support
- Directly helps the Gallery become a more vital resource for
the greater Tufts community, stimulating life-long learning in
the visual arts.
- Enhances the Gallery's exhibition program and the production
of cutting-edge, thematic and solo exhibitions.
- Enables the Gallery to: publish handsome, high-quality
publications; to bring compelling speakers to Tufts; and to
travel one of our exhibitions every three years.
Circle supporters and friends are invited to special events such as:
- private, curator-led tours of special art exhibitions
- visits to artists' studios
- tours of private collections
- dinners with exhibiting artists after opening receptions at Tufts
Specific ideas for Circle events are welcomed and may be
sent to the Director
of Galleries and Collections.
In addition, Circle supporters enjoy:
- A high level of personal engagement and professional
- A subscription to our biannual newsletter, Around
the Circle, published in January and August, containing
articles related to upcoming Gallery exhibitions and
invited artists, the art world, and profiles of Tufts
alumni in the visual arts.
- Passes to contemporary art fairs such as The Armory
Show in New York City in March
- Discounted prices on exhibition publications hosted
Each year, two events in Boston and two events in New
York City are held, one in each location in the fall and
again in the winter/spring. Invitations to these events
for you and a guest are sent electronically
approximately 6 weeks in advance and a RSVP is kindly
requested. Events are complimentary to Circle supporters
and a nominal fee for non-supporters is requested to
participate. Certain events might carry a fee for all
All new and renewing supporters are acknowledged in the
Support of The Circle runs on a fiscal year basis (July 1 to June 30).
There are four levels of Circle support:
- Futurist ($50) Ideal for recent alums; donation tax deductible in full; benefits include subscription to our biannual newsletter
- Conceptualist ($250)
Tax deductible contribution $190;
benefits include: subscription to our biannual
newsletter; invitations for you and a guest to
special events in Boston, New York City, and other
cities such as Los Angeles or Miami; discounted
prices on exhibitions publications hosted by Tufts;
passes to contemporary art fairs such as The Armory
Show in New York City in March.
- Realist ($500)
Tax deductible contribution $380;
in addition to the above, benefits include
complimentary copies of all Tufts-produced
- Expressionist ($1,000)
Tax deductible contribution $750; in addition to the above,
benefits include an invitation for you and a guest
to attend our annual fall dinner with exhibiting
artists in September after the opening reception.
Contact us if you prefer to waive your benefits and ask that your donation be fully tax deductible.